Introduction to SWOT Analysis
SWOT Analysis / TOWS Matrix for RODOBENSIMOB ON (Brazil)
Based on various researches at Oak Spring University , RODOBENSIMOB ON is operating in a macro-environment that has been destablized by – geopolitical disruptions, central banks are concerned over increasing inflation, supply chains are disrupted by pandemic , digital marketing is dominated by two big players Facebook and Google, increasing household debt because of falling income levels, banking and financial system is disrupted by Bitcoin and other crypto currencies, increasing government debt because of Covid-19 spendings,
customer relationship management is fast transforming because of increasing concerns over data privacy, there is backlash against globalization, etc
- 100% Plagiarism Free
- On Time Delivery | 27x7
- PayPal Secure
- 300 Words / Page
- 100% Plagiarism Free
- On Time Delivery | 27x7
- PayPal Secure
- 300 Words / Page
- 100% Plagiarism Free
- On Time Delivery | 27x7
- PayPal Secure
- 300 Words / Page
Introduction to SWOT Analysis of RODOBENSIMOB ON
SWOT stands for an organization’s Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats . At Oak Spring University, we believe that RODOBENSIMOB ON can use SWOT analysis as a strategic management tool to assess the current internal strengths and weaknesses of the RODOBENSIMOB ON, and to figure out the opportunities and threats in the macro environment – technological, environmental, political, economic, social, demographic, etc in which RODOBENSIMOB ON operates in.
According to Harvard Business Review, 75% of the managers use SWOT analysis for various purposes such as – evaluating current scenario, strategic planning, new venture feasibility, personal growth goals, new market entry, Go To market strategies, portfolio management and strategic trade-off assessment, organizational restructuring, etc.
SWOT Objectives / Importance of SWOT Analysis and SWOT Matrix
SWOT analysis of RODOBENSIMOB ON can be done for the following purposes –
1. Strategic planning of RODOBENSIMOB ON
2. Improving business portfolio management of RODOBENSIMOB ON
3. Assessing feasibility of the new initiative in Brazil
4. Making a Construction Services sector specific business decision
5. Set goals for the organization
6. Organizational restructuring of RODOBENSIMOB ON
Strengths of RODOBENSIMOB ON | Internal Strategic Factors
What are Strengths in SWOT Analysis / TOWS Matrix / Weighted SWOT Analysis
The strengths of RODOBENSIMOB ON are -
Highly skilled collaborators
– RODOBENSIMOB ON has highly efficient outsourcing and offshoring strategy. It has resulted in greater operational flexibility and bringing down the costs in highly price sensitive Construction Services industry. Secondly the value chain collaborators of RODOBENSIMOB ON have helped the firm to develop new products and bring them quickly to the marketplace.
Low bargaining power of suppliers
– Suppliers of RODOBENSIMOB ON in the Capital Goods sector have low bargaining power. RODOBENSIMOB ON has further diversified its suppliers portfolio by building a robust supply chain across various countries. This helps RODOBENSIMOB ON to manage not only supply disruptions but also source products at highly competitive prices.
High switching costs
– The high switching costs that RODOBENSIMOB ON has built up over years in its products and services combo offer has resulted in high retention of customers, lower marketing costs, and greater ability of the firm to focus on its customers.
Cross disciplinary teams
– Horizontal connected teams at the RODOBENSIMOB ON are driving operational speed, building greater agility, and keeping the organization nimble to compete with new competitors. It helps are organization to ideate new ideas, and execute them swiftly in the marketplace.
Diverse revenue streams
– RODOBENSIMOB ON is present in almost all the verticals within the Construction Services industry. This has provided RODOBENSIMOB ON a diverse revenue stream that has helped it to survive disruptions such as global pandemic in Covid-19, financial disruption of 2008, and supply chain disruption of 2021.
Ability to lead change in Construction Services
– RODOBENSIMOB ON is one of the leading players in the Construction Services industry in Brazil. Over the years it has not only transformed the business landscape in the Construction Services industry in Brazil but also across the existing markets. The ability to lead change has enabled RODOBENSIMOB ON in – penetrating new markets, reaching out to new customers, and providing different value propositions to different customers in the international markets.
Organizational Resilience of RODOBENSIMOB ON
– The covid-19 pandemic has put organizational resilience at the centre of everthing RODOBENSIMOB ON does. Organizational resilience comprises - Financial Resilience, Operational Resilience, Technological Resilience, Organizational Resilience, Business Model Resilience, and Reputation Resilience.
High brand equity
– RODOBENSIMOB ON has strong brand awareness and brand recognition among both - the exiting customers and potential new customers. Strong brand equity has enabled RODOBENSIMOB ON to keep acquiring new customers and building profitable relationship with both the new and loyal customers.
Successful track record of launching new products
– RODOBENSIMOB ON has launched numerous new products in last few years, keeping in mind evolving customer preferences and competitive pressures. RODOBENSIMOB ON has effective processes in place that helps in exploring new product needs, doing quick pilot testing, and then launching the products quickly using its extensive distribution network.
Ability to recruit top talent
– RODOBENSIMOB ON is one of the leading players in the Construction Services industry in Brazil. It is in a position to attract the best talent available in Brazil. The firm has a robust talent identification program that helps in identifying the brightest.
Superior customer experience
– The customer experience strategy of RODOBENSIMOB ON in Construction Services industry is based on four key concepts – personalization, simplification of complex needs, prompt response, and continuous engagement.
– RODOBENSIMOB ON is putting a lot of focus on utilizing the power of analytics in business decision making. This has put it among the leading players in the Construction Services industry. The technology infrastructure of Brazil is also helping it to harness the power of analytics for – marketing optimization, demand forecasting, customer relationship management, inventory management, information sharing across the value chain etc.
Weaknesses of RODOBENSIMOB ON | Internal Strategic Factors
What are Weaknesses in SWOT Analysis / TOWS Matrix / Weighted SWOT Analysis
The weaknesses of RODOBENSIMOB ON are -
Skills based hiring in Construction Services industry
– The stress on hiring functional specialists at RODOBENSIMOB ON has created an environment where the organization is dominated by functional specialists rather than management generalist. This has resulted into product oriented approach rather than marketing oriented approach or consumers oriented approach.
No frontier risks strategy
– From the 10K / annual statement of RODOBENSIMOB ON, it seems that company is thinking out the frontier risks that can impact Construction Services industry. But it has very little resources allocation to manage the risks emerging from events such as natural disasters, climate change, melting of permafrost, tacking the rise of artificial intelligence, opportunities and threats emerging from commercialization of space etc.
Need for greater diversity
– RODOBENSIMOB ON has taken concrete steps on diversity, equity, and inclusion. But the efforts so far has resulted in limited success. It needs to expand the recruitment and selection process to hire more people from the minorities and underprivileged background.
High dependence on existing supply chain
– The disruption in the global supply chains because of the Covid-19 pandemic and blockage of the Suez Canal illustrated the fragile nature of RODOBENSIMOB ON supply chain. Even after few cautionary changes, RODOBENSIMOB ON is still heavily dependent upon the existing supply chain. The existing supply chain though brings in cost efficiencies but it has left RODOBENSIMOB ON vulnerable to further global disruptions in South East Asia.
Slow decision making process
– As mentioned earlier in the report, RODOBENSIMOB ON has a very deliberative decision making approach. This approach has resulted in prudent decisions, but it has also resulted in missing opportunities in the Construction Services industry over the last five years. RODOBENSIMOB ON even though has strong showing on digital transformation primary two stages, it has struggled to capitalize the power of digital transformation in marketing efforts and new venture efforts.
Aligning sales with marketing
– From the outside it seems that RODOBENSIMOB ON needs to have more collaboration between its sales team and marketing team. Sales professionals in the Construction Services industry have deep experience in developing customer relationships. Marketing department at RODOBENSIMOB ON can leverage the sales team experience to cultivate customer relationships as RODOBENSIMOB ON is planning to shift buying processes online.
Lack of clear differentiation of RODOBENSIMOB ON products
– To increase the profitability and margins on the products, RODOBENSIMOB ON needs to provide more differentiated products than what it is currently offering in the marketplace.
Capital Spending Reduction
– Even during the low interest decade, RODOBENSIMOB ON has not been able to do capital spending to the tune of the competition. This has resulted into fewer innovations and company facing stiff competition from both existing competitors and new entrants who are disrupting the Construction Services industry using digital technology.
Employees’ less understanding of RODOBENSIMOB ON strategy
– From the outside it seems that the employees of RODOBENSIMOB ON don’t have comprehensive understanding of the firm’s strategy. This is reflected in number of promotional campaigns over the last few years that had mixed messaging and competing priorities. Some of the strategic activities and services promoted in the promotional campaigns were not consistent with the organization’s strategy.
Slow to strategic competitive environment developments
– As RODOBENSIMOB ON is one of the leading players in the Construction Services industry, it takes time to assess the upcoming competitions. This has led to missing out on atleast 2-3 big opportunities in the Construction Services industry in last five years.
High operating costs
– Compare to the competitors, RODOBENSIMOB ON has high operating costs in the Construction Services industry. This can be harder to sustain given the new emerging competition from nimble players who are using technology to attract RODOBENSIMOB ON lucrative customers.
RODOBENSIMOB ON Opportunities | External Strategic Factors
What are Opportunities in the SWOT Analysis / TOWS Matrix / Weighted SWOT Analysis
The opportunities of RODOBENSIMOB ON are -
Reforming the budgeting process
- By establishing new metrics that will be used to evaluate both existing and potential projects RODOBENSIMOB ON can not only reduce the costs of the project but also help it in integrating the projects with other processes within the organization.
– RODOBENSIMOB ON has focused on building a highly responsive customer relationship management platform. This platform is built on in-house data and driven by analytics and artificial intelligence. The customer analytics can help the organization to fine tune its loyalty marketing efforts, increase the wallet share of the organization, reduce wastage on mainstream advertising spending, build better pricing strategies using personalization, etc.
Learning at scale
– Online learning technologies has now opened space for RODOBENSIMOB ON to conduct training and development for its employees across the world. This will result in not only reducing the cost of training but also help employees in different part of the world to integrate with the headquarter work culture, ethos, and standards.
Developing new processes and practices
– RODOBENSIMOB ON can develop new processes and procedures in Construction Services industry using technology such as automation using artificial intelligence, real time transportation and products tracking, 3D modeling for concept development and new products pilot testing etc.
Redefining models of collaboration and team work
– As explained in the weaknesses section, RODOBENSIMOB ON is facing challenges because of the dominance of functional experts in the organization. RODOBENSIMOB ON can utilize new technology in the field of Construction Services industry to build more coordinated teams and streamline operations and communications using tools such as CAD, Zoom, etc.
Increase in government spending
– As the United States and other governments are increasing social spending and infrastructure spending to build economies post Covid-19, RODOBENSIMOB ON can use these opportunities to build new business models that can help the communities that RODOBENSIMOB ON operates in. Secondly it can use opportunities from government spending in Construction Services sector.
Leveraging digital technologies
– RODOBENSIMOB ON can leverage digital technologies such as artificial intelligence and machine learning to automate the production process, customer analytics to get better insights into consumer behavior, realtime digital dashboards to get better sales tracking, logistics and transportation, product tracking, etc.
Using analytics as competitive advantage
– RODOBENSIMOB ON has spent a significant amount of money and effort to integrate analytics and machine learning into its operations in Construction Services sector. This continuous investment in analytics has enabled RODOBENSIMOB ON to build a competitive advantage using analytics. The analytics driven competitive advantage can help RODOBENSIMOB ON to build faster Go To Market strategies, better consumer insights, developing relevant product features, and building a highly efficient supply chain.
Low interest rates
– Even though inflation is raising its head in most developed economies, RODOBENSIMOB ON can still utilize the low interest rates to borrow money for capital investment. Secondly it can also use the increase of government spending in infrastructure projects to get new business.
– RODOBENSIMOB ON can use the latest technology developments to improve its manufacturing and designing process in Construction Services sector. It can use CAD and 3D printing to build a quick prototype and pilot testing products. It can leverage automation using machine learning and artificial intelligence to do faster production at lowers costs, and it can leverage the growth in satellite and tracking technologies to improve inventory management, transportation, and shipping.
Better consumer reach
– The expansion of the 5G network will help RODOBENSIMOB ON to increase its market reach. RODOBENSIMOB ON will be able to reach out to new customers. Secondly 5G will also provide technology framework to build new tools and products that can help more immersive consumer experience and faster consumer journey.
Lowering marketing communication costs
– 5G expansion will open new opportunities for RODOBENSIMOB ON in the field of marketing communication. It will bring down the cost of doing business, provide technology platform to build new products in the Construction Services industry, and it will provide faster access to the consumers.
Creating value in data economy
– The success of analytics program of RODOBENSIMOB ON has opened avenues for new revenue streams for the organization in Construction Services industry. This can help RODOBENSIMOB ON to build a more holistic ecosystem for RODOBENSIMOB ON products in the Construction Services industry by providing – data insight services, data privacy related products, data based consulting services, etc.
Threats RODOBENSIMOB ON External Strategic Factors
What are Threats in the SWOT Analysis / TOWS Matrix / Weighted SWOT Analysis
The threats of RODOBENSIMOB ON are -
Trade war between China and United States
– The trade war between two of the biggest economies can hugely impact the opportunities for RODOBENSIMOB ON in Construction Services industry. The Construction Services industry is already at various protected from local competition in China, with the rise of trade war the protection levels may go up. This presents a clear threat of current business model in Chinese market.
Increasing international competition and downward pressure on margins
– Apart from technology driven competitive advantage dilution, RODOBENSIMOB ON can face downward pressure on margins from increasing competition from international players. The international players have stable revenue in their home market and can use those resources to penetrate RODOBENSIMOB ON prominent markets.
Consumer confidence and its impact on RODOBENSIMOB ON demand
– There is a high probability of declining consumer confidence, given – high inflammation rate, rise of gig economy, lower job stability, increasing cost of living, higher interest rates, and aging demography. All the factors contribute to people saving higher rate of their income, resulting in lower consumer demand in Construction Services industry and other sectors.
Stagnating economy with rate increase
– RODOBENSIMOB ON can face lack of demand in the market place because of Fed actions to reduce inflation. This can lead to sluggish growth in the economy, lower demands, lower investments, higher borrowing costs, and consolidation in the Construction Services industry.
Easy access to finance
– Easy access to finance in Construction Services industry will also reduce the barriers to entry in the industry, thus putting downward pressure on the prices because of increasing competition. RODOBENSIMOB ON can utilize it by borrowing at lower rates and invest it into research and development, capital expenditure to fortify its core competitive advantage.
– After the dotcom bust of 2001, financial crisis of 2008-09, the business formation in US economy had declined. But in 2020 alone, there are more than 1.5 million new business applications in United States. This can lead to greater competition for RODOBENSIMOB ON in the Construction Services sector and impact the bottomline of the organization.
– RODOBENSIMOB ON needs to have a robust strategy against the disruptions arising from climate change and energy requirements. EU has identified it as key priority area and spending 30% of its 880 billion Euros European post Covid-19 recovery funds on green technology. RODOBENSIMOB ON can take advantage of this fund but it will also bring new competitors in the Construction Services industry.
Increasing wage structure of RODOBENSIMOB ON
– Post Covid-19 there is a sharp increase in the wages especially in the jobs that require interaction with people. The increasing wages can put downward pressure on the margins of RODOBENSIMOB ON.
Backlash against dominant players
– US Congress and other legislative arms of the government are getting tough on big business especially technology companies. The digital arm of RODOBENSIMOB ON business can come under increasing regulations regarding data privacy, data security, etc.
Shortening product life cycle
– it is one of the major threat that RODOBENSIMOB ON is facing in Construction Services sector. It can lead to higher research and development costs, higher marketing expenses, lower customer loyalty, etc.
– As the populations of most advanced economies are aging, it will lead to high social security costs, higher savings among population, and lower demand for goods and services in the economy. The household savings in US, France, UK, Germany, and Japan are growing faster than predicted because of uncertainty caused by pandemic.
Technology disruption because of hacks, piracy etc
– The colonial pipeline illustrated, how vulnerable modern organization are to international hackers, miscreants, and disruptors. The cyber security interruption, data leaks, etc can seriously jeopardize the future growth of the organization.
Capital market disruption
– During the Covid-19, Dow Jones has touched record high. The valuations of a number of companies are way beyond their existing business model potential. This can lead to capital market correction which can put a number of suppliers, collaborators, value chain partners in great financial difficulty. It will directly impact the business of RODOBENSIMOB ON.
Weighted SWOT Analysis of RODOBENSIMOB ON Template, Example
Not all factors mentioned under the Strengths, Weakness, Opportunities, and Threats quadrants in the SWOT Analysis are equal. Managers at RODOBENSIMOB ON needs to zero down on the relative importance of each factor mentioned in the Strengths, Weakness, Opportunities, and Threats quadrants.
We can provide the relative importance to each factor by assigning relative weights. Weighted SWOT analysis process is a three stage process –
First stage for doing weighted SWOT analysis of RODOBENSIMOB ON is to rank the strengths and weaknesses of the organization. This will help you to assess the most important strengths and weaknesses of the firm and which one of the strengths and weaknesses mentioned in the initial lists are marginal and can be left out.
Second stage for conducting weighted SWOT analysis of RODOBENSIMOB ON is to give probabilities to the external strategic factors thus better understanding the opportunities and threats arising out of macro environment changes and developments.
Third stage of constructing weighted SWOT analysis of RODOBENSIMOB ON to provide strategic recommendations includes – joining likelihood of external strategic factors such as opportunities and threats to the internal strategic factors – strengths and weaknesses. You should start with external factors as they will provide the direction of the overall industry. Secondly by joining probabilities with internal strategic factors can help the company not only strategic fit but also the most probably strategic trade-off that RODOBENSIMOB ON needs to make to build a sustainable competitive advantage.